Festival season is just around the corner for the midwest. In 2 weeks, fans will gather from May 27-30th at Summer Camp Music Festival at Three Sisters Park in Chillicothe, IL for a weekend of good music, great company, camping and more. If you haven\’t sprung for your ticket to this oasis, it\’s not too late.
Here\’s why you need to join us at Scamp this year:
1. It\’s over Memorial Day weekend. Unlike most festivals where you have to either call off or suffer through a massive hangover come Monday, Scamp concludes Sunday night which gives fans that have the holiday off to make it home in time for a bit of recovery before going back to the grind.
2. The cost. Scamp is actually a bit more affordable compared to many other festivals. For a 3-day general admission pass that includes camping, the total comes out to about $250 after all of the taxes and fees.
3. The amazing lineup. Whether you love jam bands, bluegrass or electronic music, there\’s something for everyone. Some of the sets we\’re looking forward to this year are NGHTMRE, Mija, Manic Focus, Excision and a ton more. You can check the full line-up at the bottom.
4. The Thursday Pre-Party. For just $35 extra, attendees can get the party started a day early with prime camping spots and music starting at 1:00pm. Some of the sets on the 26th include Family Groove Company, Future Rock, Greensky Bluegrass and Lettuce.
5. The weather. Past June, the weather at festivals can be nearly unbearable. Scamp takes place right before those fiery temperatures kick in and festival goers can expect more mild temperatures, which is perfect for catching rays and listening to sets all day long.
6. Late Night Shows in the Red Barn. There aren\’t many better ways to conclude a night at Scamp than with a crazy set in the Red Barn. On Friday, Tauking McGee and EOTO with Keller Williams will take the stage in the barn and on Saturday, Cherub and Lotus will get their groove on. While these two are currently sold out, Yonder Mountain String Band on Sunday tickets are still available for just $25.
7. Free late night opportunities. The Vibe Tent is one of our favorite ways to party into the wee hours of the night. Be sure to catch NGHTMRE on Friday, Grandtheft on Saturday and Emancipator on Sunday.
Late Night Campfire Jams on the Campfire Stage are another fun way to embrace your inner insomniac. Some of the artists taking over the jam sesh this year are SunSquabi and Dopapod.
The Soulshine Tent attracts an array of artists and keeps the music going late. This year, don\’t miss Turbo Suit featuring Ryan Stasik performing Nirvana\’s \”Nevermind\” on Saturday.
You can buy your 3-day pass here. We hope to see you all there!